URBNSURF involves the construction of a world class sport, recreation, leisure, tourism, and event facility at Olympic Park and features a “Wavegarden Cove” surfing lagoon. The project will deliver a major recreational and tourism facility to the Western Sydney region.
The site is located within Pod B P5 Carpark, Hill Road at the Western edge of Sydney Olympic Park at the junction of Hill Road and Holker Busway within proximity to bus routes, pedestrian and bicycle routes, and the potential Parramatta light rail corridor.
With a planned opening in the summer of 2022/23 key elements of the project include:
- Open water surfing lagoon featuring a “Wavegarden Cove” wave generator
- Amenity building including food & beverage and retail offerings
- Community open space, events areas, leisure, and recreational facilities
- Leisure pool, cabanas, and landscaping
- Staff and public car parking areas.
There will be significant construction and work activities over the coming months that will impact the Olympic Park precinct.
For a full list of impacts go here