Sydney Metro West stations
Since 2016, Sydney Metro has been working with local communities, stakeholders and industry to create a project that will deliver fast, safe and reliable metro rail while providing the most benefits to local communities. Sydney Metro West is made up of new metro stations at:
- Sydney Olympic Park
- North Strathfield
- Burwood North
- Five Dock
- The Bays Precinct
- Sydney CBD
Sydney Metro West features
- Faster, more frequent access to major employment and education centres like Parramatta, Sydney Olympic Park and The Bays
- A new metro station at Westmead – one of Australia’s largest health and education precincts
- Delivering new rail services for the first time at Burwood North, Five Dock and The Bays
- A new metro station at Sydney Olympic Park – Sydney’s sporting and entertainment super-precinct
- Integrated with the rest of Sydney’s public transport system
- Fully accessible with lifts and level access between trains and platforms
- Next generation fully air-conditioned metro trains
- All Sydney Metro infrastructure like the stations, trains and railway tracks are owned by the NSW Government
- Sydney Metro uses Opal ticketing and fares are set by the NSW Government.
Further planning and design work is underway to determine the location of a new metro station in the Sydney CBD.
Rydalmere and Pyrmont are currently being investigated as strategic station options.
The ability to extend Sydney Metro West, including beyond Westmead, will be future-proofed.
For more details: https://www.sydneymetro.info/west/project-overview