Excavation is continuing at the Sydney Olympic Park Metro Station site. Preparations will continue for the arrival of two tunnel boring machines (TBMs) from Clyde in mid-2024. The work activities below will be carried out during standard construction hours:
- Monday to Friday between 7am to 6pm and Saturdays 8am to 6pm
Work during standard construction hours;
- Delivery and removal of plant and equipment
- Groundwater well monitoring outside the site boundary (refer to map overleaf)
- Footpath and road restoration work
- Concrete pours and waterproofing inside the station box
- Installing and monitoring survey prisms within local streets and around the site.
Work during out-of-hours:
To minimise interruption to local traffic and to ensure the safety of motorists, pedestrians and workers around the site, some work must be undertaken outside standard construction hours.
- Concrete pours inside the excavated station box will require extended working hours from 5am to 10pm on Wednesday 21 February and Tuesday 27 February, subject to site and weather conditions.