New metro rail will become the fastest, easiest, and most reliable journey between the Sydney and Parramatta CBDs. Sydney Metro West will service the key precincts of Greater Parramatta, Sydney Olympic Park, The Bays and the Sydney CBD.
Essential survey work will be undertaken in the Olympic Precinct area to assist with early planning and design for Sydney Metro West. Work commenced in late February this year and will continue for up to three months during standard construction hours (weather and site conditions permitting).
Due to pedestrian volumes and to reduce the impacts on traffic network, some work will be done outside standard construction hours between 6pm and 5am Monday to Friday. The works will be carried out for 3-4 days per week in the survey areas. In locations that require further investigations, Sydney Metro will provide a separate notification for the works.
Work will include:
- Visual and topographic survey of existing site conditions using traditional survey equipment
- Tracing of underground services and surveying to locate existing utilities
- Traffic, pedestrian, and parking surveys
- Capturing details of utility covers, vegetation, road surfaces, buildings and structures, and fences and embankments.
What to expect:
- This work is not expected to be noisy
- Access to pathways and buildings will be maintained at all times
- No images will be taken of private property.
Equipment used for day and night work includes but is not limited to, handheld survey tools, mounted tripods and light vehicles.
Changes to traffic and pedestrian and cyclist routes:
During the work, traffic control will be in place to assist motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists with any changes to traffic conditions. This may include contraflow traffic flow, stop-slow traffic controls, or partial road closures. The times of these changes will vary and are dependent on road authority approvals.
Your local Place Manager for Sydney Metro West is Tara Larkin. Tara will be your main contact for questions and enquiries regarding the project and can be contacted on 1800 612 173. If you would prefer to further receive updates by email, please contact Tara on email@example.com to be added to the distribution list.