Precision Athletica is delighted to welcome Peter Caine to the practice. As both a Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, Peter is an accredited provider for the Olympic Winter Institute of Australia and NSW Institute of Sport.
As the Physio for the Australian Winter Olympic Team and an all round expert in snow sports, Peter will be developing a High-Performance Winter Sports Program at Precision Athletica and is already available for appointments – not just to the top end athletes, but anyone looking to stay injury free, recover from injury or generally get more from their sporting pastimes.
His 20 years of experience in the industry have seen him working with elite athletes in Europe, North America, the United Kingdom and Australia.
He has held appointments with the Scottish Institute of Sport and Scotland Rugby.
Having worked at the highest levels of amateur and professional sports, Peter knows what it takes to deliver consistent top performances.
In Winter Sports some of Peters highlights have included:
- Australian Team Physiotherapist with the Olympic Winter Institute of Australia since 2005
- Professional Development Coordinator for the Olympic Winter Institute of Australia since 2014
- Australian Team Physiotherapist at 2010 Vancouver Olympic Winter Games
- Australian Team Physiotherapist at 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games
- Australian Team Physiotherapist at 2012 Short Track Speed Skating World Championships in Shanghai, China
- Australian Team Physiotherapist at 2015 Freestyle Ski & Snowboard World Championships in Kreischberg, Austria
- Australian Team Physiotherapist at 2017 Freestyle Ski & Snowboard World Championships in Sierra Nevada, Spain
- Australian Team Physiotherapist at 2017 Asian Winter Games in Sapporo, Japan
- Australian Team Physiotherapist at multiple World Cup events in Mogul Skiing, Aerial Skiing, Cross Country Skiing, Speed Skating, Figure Skating, Snowboard Halfpipe, Snowboard Slopestyle, Snowboard Cross, Skeleton and Bobsleigh.
- Worked with elite athletes from every discipline of Australian Winter Sports including Alpine Skiing, Freestyle skiing (Moguls, Ski Cross, Aerials, Ski Slopestyle, Ski Halfpipe); Snowboarding (Snowboard Halfpipe, Snowboard Slopestyle, Snowboard Cross); Nordic Skiing (Cross Country and Nordic Combined); Sliding Sports (Skeleton, Bobsleigh and Luge); Ice sports (Short Track Skating, Speed Skating and Figure Skating).
Working with Peter
Monday: 7am – 12pm
Thursday: 2pm – 7pm
To book please call:
(02) 9764 5787
Five questions to get to know Peter better.
Favourite Sports Team: The once mighty Carlton Blues AFL team. They will again one day!
Sporting Highlight: Making it to the finish line!
If he wasn’t a Sport Physio he would be: Trying to find out how to become one.
Family: Beautiful wife Lynelle, Ratbag A – Jack age 10, Ratbag B – Charlie age 8
Guilty Pleasure: I’ll do just about anything for a nice piece of Rocky Road