The Business Association is passionate about keeping members informed. In this spirit we remind members and Business stakeholders of Sydney Olympic Park that the NSW Government Climate and Energy Initiative (HWS) that provides savings on energy costs for businesses is scheduled to finish by the end of March. This scheme is part of the NSW Government drive to reduce carbon emissions and demands on the electricity grid which may not cope with future demand in this state as NSW coal-fired power stations are decommissioned.
Under this scheme you can have electric resistance hot water heaters upgraded to heaters that are more energy efficient – for FREE.
If the following is of interest, please contact the Sydney Olympic Park Business Association to be put in touch with a recommended authorised installer for your business to capitalise on this scheme.
- The NSW Government will fund 100% of the cost to replace your electric hot water systems with more efficient heat pump technology.
- Save your organisation significant costs per year on its power bill.
- Reduce reliance on coal-fired power stations.
- Play your part to reduce climate change.
- The scheme is part of the NSW Climate & Energy Action Initiative.
- The NSW Government is paying the cost of the eligible change overs – electric hot water systems in working condition to heat pump replacements.
- Heat pump technology uses 70% less power than a conventional electric hot water system.
- The installations can only be carried out by authorised installers.
- It is the responsibility of the installer to conduct all due diligence to make sure the units being changed over are eligible and ensure installation is carried out by licensed tradesmen in accordance with NSW Government guidelines.
- NSW Government compliance procedures are the responsibility of the installing contractor.
- Each replacement is subject to NSW Government compliance regulations which the approved installer must complete.
- Only units installed before the deadline qualify for the 100% rebate.
- The 100% rebate does not apply to BCA Class 1a dwellings (residential) and Class 4 dwellings.
You can validate the scheme and check your eligibility here. Commercial heat pump eligibility | NSW Climate and Energy Action