To protect the people of NSW from the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, current stay-at-home orders were extended across all Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong, and Shell Harbour until 11.59pm Friday, 9 July.
Everyone in Greater Sydney must stay at home unless it is for an essential reason.
The reasons you may leave your home include:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services.
- Medical care or compassionate needs (people can leave home to have a COVID-19 vaccination unless you have been identified as a close contact).
- Exercise outdoors in groups of 10 or fewer.
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
- Community sport will not be permitted during this period. Weddings will not be permitted from 11.59pm, Sunday 27 June. Funerals will be limited to one person per four square metres with a cap of 100 people, and masks must be worn indoors.
A full list of COVID restrictions can be found here