To ‘homify’ is to create an ambience that is comfortable and immediately relaxing. In other words, ‘I’m home’.
You can have your say and share your ideas for Jacaranda Square and its surrounding places for everyday community use and explore how to bring joy and colour, support local businesses, create social connections, and recreate the feeling of being at home.
Following lots of great input some emerging themes are:
- Champion local community and business
- Community ownership
- Create spaces that encourage people to dwell and linger
- Have smaller but regular activations and events
- Create self-discovery experiences
- Create places where people can do things
- Have a wow factor – lighting, sound art, food
- Design for kids, dog owners and cyclists and others will come
- Make it easy to get there
- Build plug and play infrastructure into the space
Share your ideas with the #HomifySOP on socials.
For more information or enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org