Sydney Olympic Park is one of the state’s most popular visitor destinations, with 10.5 million people attending events and enjoying our parklands last year.
You can have your say on how the visitor experience can be improved and tourism increased in Sydney Olympic Park and across the greater Parramatta area by completing a survey being conduced by City of Parramatta Council.
The survey will inform the Draft Destination Management Plan being developed by the Council.
Visit oursay.org/cityofparramatta to find out more.
City of Parramatta Council Draft Destination Management Plan (DMP).
The Draft DMP proposes a framework for how government, businesses and industry partners can work together to improve visitor experiences and grow tourism across the City of Parramatta area.
The Draft DMP outlines five objectives to enrich the cultural, social and economic life of the City:
- Creating a positive climate for sustainable business development, investment and growth;
- Providing meaningful visitor experiences offering quality and variety;
- Ensuring visitors choose City of Parramatta as a destination, speak positively about the destination and advocate for others to visit;
- Creating a sustainable tourism industry, increasing length of stay and visitor expenditure across the city, and;
- Changing visitor perceptions of the City.
The Draft DMP also outlines three focus areas and subsequent strategic directions to achieve the overarching objectives listed above.
For more information about the Draft Destination Management Plan and to provide feedback, visit Council’s engagement portal: www.oursay.org/cityofparramatta.
Copies of the Draft DMP will also be on display at all City of Parramatta Libraries.