Wellness Walk - Bridge Walk for Mental Health
Did you know that October is Mental Health Month?
Are you looking for ways to promote wellbeing within your organisation or support work in Mental Health?
Get active in your support and gather a team of work colleagues together to enter the Wellness Walk 2016 in support of Flourish Australia, a local Sydney Olympic Park based mental health organisation.
The Wellness Walk is in its fourth year of fun, festivity and fundraising for mental health.
The 5km walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge is a family friendly walk with an easy route suitable for all ages and abilities.
The walk raises awareness for mental health and brings together people from all walks of life in a positive, active and fun environment.
- Sunday 16th October 2016
- Registration and entertainment from 8:30am
- Walk starts at 10am
- Government House - Macquarie Street, Sydney
This year Flourish Australia are calling all movers and groovers to get moving for Women & Children’s Mental Health.
Flourish Australia aims to raise $25,000 for their Women & Children’s program based in Blacktown, which provides safe, supported accommodation for 23 mothers and 31 children every year, as recently featured on ABC’s 7:30 Report: http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2016/s4523440.htm
Why not take on the challenge, enjoy the music, energy and fun, and join Flourish Australia as they move and groove their way across Sydney Harbour Bridge to create a brighter future for women with a serious mental health issue and their children who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
This unique program maintains the family unit, improves the mother’s mental health, parenting skills and confidence, reduces hospitalisation and provides support for transition into independent stable housing.
DID YOU KNOW
• 23% of Australian children have a parent who is living with mental health issues
• 1 in 5 recent mothers will experience a mild, moderate or severe form of post-natal depression.
• 423 people are turned away from homeless services every day in Australia
To register visit: www.wellnesswalk.org.au select the register option and follow the below prompts:
1. Select your preferred walk 2k or 5k
2. Select your category (adult, concession, family or infant)
3. Select your preference: join a team, create a team or register as an individual (not a team entry)
4. If you would like to join Team Flourish Australia, select join a team and search for Flourish Australia
Fundraise: To fundraise, choose Flourish Australia (RichmondPRA) on the fundraise page when registering
Dress Up: Bust a move in your favorite dance getup, great prizes up for grabs for best dressed individuals and teams
Donate: Can’t attend the Wellness Walk? You can support our Women & Children’s program with a donation at: https://www.flourishaustralia.org.au/donate-now
Like Us: Like us on Facebook @FlourishAus for Wellness Walk updates
#Tag: #GetMovingForMH in your photos and videos of support
For further information contact Flourish Australia’s Fundraising Manager Alison Perizi on email@example.com or 0437 069 154.