Business Intelligence Analyst
- Be a part of the successful Finance & IT team
- Work on a diverse range of projects across all business units
- Based in Sydney Olympic Park – close to public transport
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to join our shared services team working across both Finance and Enterprise Services. This BI analyst role will initially work on numerous ERP projects with a focus on improving the overall efficiency of the existing reporting process.
As a strong communicator, you will be interacting at all levels of the business and analysing complex systems and reports.
With new and exciting projects in the pipeline and substantial growth anticipated, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
- Maintenance of consolidation and standardisation of financial reports across all business units (BU) to collate and systematically catalogue reports
- Identify business intelligence reports, dashboards or any other data requirements to assist and support BUs financial and non-financial data requirements
- Requirements gathering and documenting specifications to ensure both technical and non-technical requirements are met
- Design and develop production or ad hoc reports, dashboards or business analytics using available reporting tools or business intelligence tools to meet user requirements
- Assist in system testing, data migration and data validation of reports and dashboards using the reporting or business intelligence tools in both test and production environments
- Evaluate reporting, business intelligence or business analytics tools and to determine feasibility and solution capability in local environment
- Understand and document the data relationships as held in the various ERP and other financial systems to enable consistency and standardisation within the data warehouse to occur
- Document and develop procedures to ensure effective knowledge capture to enable maintenance and updates to occur
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification within Finance and/or IT or similar
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in BI tools, reporting tools & ERP systems
- Good knowledge of SQL or data extraction reporting
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
You must be able to obtain an Australian Security Clearance and meet the requirements set out by ITARS.
Who we are:
Thales is a global company and a technology leader in the defence, security, aerospace and transport markets. We have 3,300 staff in Australia who design, develop and support equipment, systems and services to meet complex technical and security requirements.
Our capabilities include protected vehicles, soldier systems, naval communications, air traffic management, munitions, sonar systems and electronic warfare.
Interested? Please click on the 'Apply' button below.