Assistant Accountant - Swisslog
Are you a qualified Assistant Accountant with a 'can do attitude' that is ready to sink your teeth into a more fulfilling role? We have a productive, dynamic and supportive working environment and are looking for an astute and proactive individual to assume the role of an Assistant Accountant. While supporting the finance function, this role will have you working closely with the business and you will be primarily responsible for assisting the general accounting and payroll functions.
Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centres. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company's success are 2 500 employees' worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is part of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions.
About the role:
This role will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller and is based in our state of the art offices in Sydney Olympic Park which is within walking distance to public transport and parking stations. As the assistant accountant, the main area of responsibility is to assist with the Financial and Management Accounting function through the correct preparation, presentation of monthly accounts of our Australian and New Zealand Businesses to ensure compliance with Swisslog guidelines and International Financial Reporting Standards.
Other key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Financial / Management Accounting
- Supporting the accounting team in Cost Centre and Project accounting across Australia & New Zealand
- Accounts payable - Handling of supplier invoices including distribution, posting and payment.
- Handling of expenses including; posting and payment and handling of company credit cards including; posting and payment.
- Accounts receivable - Issue of customer invoices, posting of customer payments and working with the project managers to resolve overdue receivables.
- Supporting the accounting team in timely month end reporting according to Swisslog's guidelines and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- General Ledger reconciliations, international payments and general banking duties
- Assist with Business Activity Statement return, FBT reconciliation and yearly return
- Provide input for cash planning
- Supporting the accounts team in adhoc requirements in order to satisfy business requirements
- Support with payroll across Australia and New Zealand
What you bring to the role:
- Degree or studying towards a degree in Accounting / Commerce /Business
- Good understanding of MS Excel and can demonstrate the ability to use MS Office
- Experience with an ERP System (preferably SAP)
- Excellent Communication skills written and verbal, coupled with excellent influencing and English skills
- Proof of analytical and time management skills
- Proven ability to deliver under pressure and work against tight deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy with figures
- Good understanding of financial management and accounting concepts and processes
- Payroll and experience working with a NZ business - desirable
What's in it for me?
At Swisslog we work hard for our customers, yet we recognize the importance of a work life balance and supportive work environment. Our people are encouraged to be creative and flexible in their work which stimulates an energetic and dynamic environment. We offer our staff a competitive salary, an individual training and development plan, the opportunity to work in a growing international company and access to our exclusive Employee Benefits program. Swisslog is a company that truly values its people and if you are a talented Assistant Accountant looking for a new exciting challenge, then this is an opportunity made for you!
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate or someone who is in the process of completing their degree and is able to show initiative and have previous experience in a similar role; preferably within engineering, software or construction industries.
If you're interested in this rare and exciting opportunity, and this sounds like you. Apply now via our Swisslog Careers page: https://recruitingapp-2737.umantis.com/Vacancies/2536/Description/2 and click "Apply Now" with an updated resume and letter of interest addressing how you meet the essential criteria by COB Friday 26 May 2017. Applications received external to the Swisslog website will not be accepted.
*NO AGENCIES PLEASE*
"Our employees deliver solutions. Our solutions deliver results"