And Why Be A Member?
And Why Be A Member?
Sydney Olympic Park Business Association is a Membership based organisation dedicated to representing the commercial interests of businesses based in the Park (or with strong Park links). The Business Association provides a lobbying and advocacy service for its Member, networking opportunities, assistance for new businesses relocating to Sydney Olympic Park and developing strategic alliances.
Currently there are over 72 Member organisations with a combined number of employees in excess of 8,000 equating to approximately half of the total number of people working in the park.
The Membership packages following provide an outline of what is offered to all Members in the respective categories. However my objective with each Member is to value-add in some way to ensure your specific needs are met in becoming a Member.
The benefits and value-add options on offer through Membership of the Business Association include:
- Professional lobbying - Providing a voice for all Members at all levels of government;
- Advocacy – Representation on issues such as improved infrastructure, access and egress and public transport connectivity for the Sydney Olympic Park Park;
- Enhancing awareness and revenue for local businesses in conjuncton with major events through community engagement opportunities;
- Change management - Assisting new businesses relocate to the Park ;
- Increasing Member awareness within the local business community;
- Providing introductions to key Park decision-makers;
- Providing Members with regular communication on Park activities and developments.
How the Business Association can assist your business:
Advocacy and Lobbying
Sydney Olympic Park Business Association is a conduit to key Ministers, local council and Sydney Olympic Park Authority to ensure that every effort is made to protect the park and ensure its development and viability for business partners. For instance, Sydney Olympic Park Business Association was proactive in protecting the interests and concerns of members in relation to the staging of the inaugural V8 Supercars race in December 2009.
Some of the issues addressed by Sydney Olympic Park Business Association include :
- Light rail from Parramatta to Sydney Olympic Park , Strathfield, Burwood and Rhodes;
- Direct heavy rail services - am and pm peak hour direct rail services between the Park and CBD via Strathfield;
- Express bus services between the Park and Strathfield Station;
- Off ramp onto Hill Road from the WestConnex in addition to the proposed on-ramp
- Improvements to the Australia Avenue Roundabout;
And there are even more entitlements at no extra cost!
NSW Business Chamber and Sydney Olympic Park Business Association have partnered together to provide you with more membership benefits and greater access to information, services and advice.
How do I benefit?
You continue to access all the great benefits of your membership with Sydney Olympic Park Business Association such as local networking, business connections and influence with local government and community groups.
But additionally, you also become a member of NSW Business Chamber at no cost to your business, gaining access to a range of services from NSW Business Chamber on top of your local chamber benefits, including:
- Workplace advice over the phone
- Business tools and resources available online 24/7
- Legally compliant templates and samples of essential commercial documents
Sydney Olympic Park Business Association has arranged your no-cost membership package, you just need to activate it once you are a Business Association Member.
For more information on this new and exciting partnership please contact Geoff Starr at the NSW Business Chamber on 02 8838 0408.
The Business Association enhances a sense of community amongst the businesses at Sydney Olympic Park and the surrounding areas through a variety of networking functions, including breakfast and luncheon forums (which include a quota of free tickets within Platinum, Gold and Silver membership packages) and after-five gatherings (open to all members FOC), where park issues are discussed at the highest level with key decision-makers, including the Sydney Olympic Park Authority (SOPA) and other Government representatives when applicable.
Building and Developing relationships
Sydney Olympic Park Business Association meetings and functions provide opportunities for businesses to discuss shared concerns,share information, pursue co-operative marketing opportunities and resolve the potential conflicts that 'neighbours' have from time to time.They are also a great way of meeting key company representatives in a face to face situation which makes follow up contact all that much easier. The Business Association can assist by making the initial introduction to the ‘right’ person in an organisation, reducing the time and frustration this first contact often entails.
Exchange of information
Valuable information is gleaned and exchanged on a regular basis throughout the year both formally and informally about a range of issues including Park developments – Master Plan updates,the impact of event overlays, traffic, transport and parking issues.
The Business Association assist Members by providing free of charge any photos taken by the Business Association.
Resource material for staff inductions
Marketing collateral produced for Members and their staff include:
- Food and beverage map
- List of frequently asked questions and answers
The Business Association communicates with Members through:
- Monthly Newsletter
- Weekly eblasts
- News section on the website
- Quarterly networking events
- Bi-monthly Board meetings
- Bi-monthly retailers meetings